The ProTone Fitness Machine
is an adapted weight lifting machine designed to provide an excellent workout opportunity for wheelchair-bound individuals and users with limited gripping capabilities. This progressive wheelchair exercise machine provides a helpful solution for quadriplegics, paraplegics, and anyone else in a manual or power wheelchair to explore their fitness goals.
The ProTone Fitness Machine is an unique piece of weight lifting equipment designed to provide the ultimate workout for users with different abilities, limited mobility and gripping capabilities. Users with quadriplegia who have C4-C5 spinal injuries and below will find this machine is designed to accommodate their unique mobility needs. The uniquely designed handles and grips allow for easy manipulation by users with limited gripping abilities. Resistance can be set differently for each side of the body, or users can exercise just one side of their body at a time. Users can perform over 16 different exercises easily and without assistance. The sliding and hand crank adjustments have no grip locking knobs and handles are designed to allow easy manipulation and adjustment by individuals who have difficulty gripping. The sliding weight sled allows users to devise a work out specifically geared towards their own capabilities easily and without assistance from others. The universal access fitness machine provides a great workout without weight plates and includes two (2) ten-pound weight plates for those needing a more demanding workout. Additional weight plates are available for purchase, and many industry standard weight plates may also be used.
The ProTone requires very little assembly. It is shipped in three boxes and has 4 main components to assemble using 6 bolts. Average time to assemble would be about 30-45 minutes. The ProTone backrest is an option that stabilizes the user when doing chest presses and rowing exercises. The Backrest option can actually prevent the user from tipping backwards in the case they forget to lock their wheelchair brakes and is available separately. The ProTone Fitness Machine is ideal for home users, rehab facilities, hospitals, gyms, colleges, and fitness centers.
ProTone Fitness Machine Instructions ProTone Fitness Machine Sale Sheet ProTone Fitness Machine Specifications
ProTone Fitness Machine Specifications:
- Ships: Three boxes strapped to a pallet via Truck. Pallet Size measures 61 inches long, 45 inches wide, 70 inches high, weighs 342 pounds.
- Shipping box sizes: Boxes 1&2 are 60 inches long, 20 inches wide, 34 inches high; Box 3 is 54 inches long, 36 inches wide, 26 inches high.
- Assembly: Requires some assembly. Two people are suggested for a safe assembly.
- Construction: Powder coated stainless steel, 316 stainless steel hardware, no-grip adjustment knobs, durable sealed bearing pulleys, self lubricating bronze bushings, 7 strand, 3/16 inch, nylon coated steel cable.
- Includes: Two (2) each, ten-pound (10lb) weight plates. (Additional 10lb weights are available for purchase.)
- Made in: USA.